The Trojan Women - 1971
The Trojan Women - Released September 27, 1971, Directed by Michael Cacoyannis.
In the aftermath of the Greek army finally defeating the Trojans, the ruined remains of the city and population are faced with execution, slavery or insanity in this version of the play by Euripides.
Helen (Irene Papas) wants to stay alive in the face of Greek vengeance, Cassandra (Geneviève Bujold) is trying to stop her crumbling mental state, Andromache (Vanessa Redgrave) needs to find a way to keep her young son alive (the Trojan males are being eliminated), and Hecuba (Katherine Hepburn) is the leader of this band of women, trying to find a way to keep them all alive.
Original page December 2015
You will see Amazon links on this web site because I am an Amazon affiliate. I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Cat and the Canary – 1939
- Manfish – 1956
- Cruella – 2021
- I Do (Prét-moi ta main) – 2006
- Touch of Evil 1958
- The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown – 1957
- Man-Made Monster - 1941
- The Indestructible Man - 1956
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- Lady in a Jam 1942
- Showgirl in Hollywood 1930
- Anne of the Indies – 1951
- Don Juan Quilligan – 1945
- My Gal Sal - 1942
- Harvey – 1950
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973
- Robot Monster – 1953