Norma Shearer - 1902 - 1983
Famed actress of Hollwyood's silent and 'Golden" eras, and wife of Irving Thalberg, the "Miracle Boy" of Hollywood producers.
Shearer may be best known in the 21st century for her starring role in the 1939 film The Women, though throughout the 1930s she had few competitors for fame and the pick of good scripts at M-G-M (it didn't hurt that her husband was one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood).
Norma Shearer was also the sponsor for Janet Leigh and did the initial work to begin her Hollywood career.
More on Irving Thalberg
Original Page Sept 2015
- Tormented - 1960
- Killers of the Flower Moon, 2023
- Dangerous Blondes, 1943
- Disputed Passage, 1939
- La Fortuna Di Essere Donna – 1956 with Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni and Charles Boyer
- When the Daltons Rode 1940
- Mandalay - 1934 - with Kay Francis
- Roman Holiday - 1953
- The Last Thing He Told Me
- The Madonna's Secret – 1946
- Gorilla at Large – 1953
- Internes Can't Take Money - 1937
- The Snake Woman - 1961
- She Devil – 1957
- Enter Santo - The Blue Ray Box Set
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973