Fritz Lang seminal science fiction film of 1927
Fritz Lang is the stylistic father of science fiction movies and film noir, his epic "Metropolis" the template from which hundreds of later movies borrowed or simply imitated. Lang's other early films in both silent and "talkie" categories have had tremendous influences well beyond the films themselves.
More Fritz Lang.
The Robot of Metropolis
Actress Brigitte Helm played the dual role of Maria, rescuer of children and love interest of the son of the industrial leader that rules the city of Metropolis in Fritz Lang's 1927 film. Helm also plays the robot ("machinenmensch" human-machine) invented by evil genius Rotwang.
Original Page Aug 12, 2012 | Updated July 2020
- When the Daltons Rode 1940
- Mandalay - 1934 - with Kay Francis
- Roman Holiday - 1953
- The Last Thing He Told Me
- The Madonna's Secret – 1946
- Gorilla at Large – 1953
- Internes Can't Take Money - 1937
- The Snake Woman - 1961
- She Devil – 1957
- Our Wife – 1941
- Cult of the Cobra 1955
- Half Angel - 1951
- Enter Santo - The Blue Ray Box Set
- Here Come The Girls 1953 - Updated
- Updated: Raquel Welch
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973
- Robot Monster – 1953