Heaven Knows, Mr Allison
Heaven Knows, Mr Allison - Released March 13, 1957. Directed by John Huston.
Mitchum is a hard-bitten U.S. marine stranded on the same Pacific island as nun Deborah Kerr during World War II. The two become fervent allies (co-habitating in a hidden cave) while surrounded by Japanese soldiers who have taken control of the island. Complications ensue when they discover over time a mutual affection but wildly opposing goals in life, as you might expect between a nun and a marine. Based on the Charles Shaw novel, with the script co-written by John Huston and John Lee Mahin.
More Deborah Kerr
Original Page September 2006 | Aug 1, 2012
You will see Amazon links on this web site because I am an Amazon affiliate. I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Cat and the Canary – 1939
- Manfish – 1956
- Cruella – 2021
- I Do (Prét-moi ta main) – 2006
- Touch of Evil 1958
- The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown – 1957
- Man-Made Monster - 1941
- The Indestructible Man - 1956
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- Lady in a Jam 1942
- Showgirl in Hollywood 1930
- Anne of the Indies – 1951
- Don Juan Quilligan – 1945
- My Gal Sal - 1942
- Harvey – 1950
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973
- Robot Monster – 1953