Born September 5, 1903 in London, England. Died March 22,1991 in Redlands, California.
Most famous for Dracula's Daughter, 1936, a film which is regularly analyzed and re-analyzed in monster film literature. Holden, as Countess Marya Zaleska, brought to the film a kind of other-worldly stage actors stance that is similar to Lugosi's from Dracula, but she has a softer side at moments in the tale which takes the vampire concept (and that of a villain-vampire) into an entirely different, and sympathetic, direction than Lugosi.
Gloria Holden had 54 acting credits between 1934 and 1958 (last film Auntie Mame, one of the dinner party guests). Her first film credit is 1934 movie serial The Return of Chandu, chapter one.
- When the Daltons Rode 1940
- Mandalay - 1934 - with Kay Francis
- Roman Holiday - 1953
- The Last Thing He Told Me
- The Madonna's Secret – 1946
- Gorilla at Large – 1953
- Internes Can't Take Money - 1937
- The Snake Woman - 1961
- She Devil – 1957
- Our Wife – 1941
- Cult of the Cobra 1955
- Half Angel - 1951
- Enter Santo - The Blue Ray Box Set
- Here Come The Girls 1953 - Updated
- Updated: Raquel Welch
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973
- Robot Monster – 1953
Original Page Nov 2015