The Mysterians, 1957
Released by Toho Studios on December 28, 1957.
Japanese science fiction film which had a long life as a second run film in the United States and played well into the 1970s as a revival film around the world. It is a time-capsule of the atomic fears of the '50s and is particularly an insight into Japanese fears about the results from the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
The Mysterians are a technologically advanced alien super-race that has been poisoned by past nuclear wars, leaving them marooned on the planet Mars (their own planet was destroyed) and the majority of their group unable to reproduce. Coming to earth, they threaten the planet with devastation unless their demand that they be allowed to marry healthy earth women is met.
Original Page October 2014
- When the Daltons Rode 1940
- Mandalay - 1934 - with Kay Francis
- Roman Holiday - 1953
- The Last Thing He Told Me
- The Madonna's Secret – 1946
- Gorilla at Large – 1953
- Internes Can't Take Money - 1937
- The Snake Woman - 1961
- She Devil – 1957
- Our Wife – 1941
- Cult of the Cobra 1955
- Half Angel - 1951
- Enter Santo - The Blue Ray Box Set
- Here Come The Girls 1953 - Updated
- Updated: Raquel Welch
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973
- Robot Monster – 1953