Batman The Dark Knight
$1 Billion in Earnings and Counting
Director Chris Nolan builds on his rationalist approach to the Batman character that he first worked with in Batman Begins in 2005.
- General release July 18, 2008 (Both USA theaters and IMAX)
- Finally pulled from theatres on March 5, 2009 by Warner Bros: A 231 day run in national release.
- World Gross: $1,003,045,358 Billion USD Worldwide (checked 2012)
- IMAX Gross: $64.9 million ($49.9 million domestic): Was re-released to IMAX on January 23, 2009
- Released by Warner Bros (which owns DC Comics, which in turn owns
the intellectual property credited as originated by cartoonist Bob Kane)
- DVD release on December 9, 2008
- DVD sales estimated to June 2009: 12.8 million copies, $222 million USD in earnings. ($260,679,798 in DVD home video sales through 2012).
- Original Production Budget $185 million
- MPAA Rating PG-13
- Running Time: 152 minutes