Batman The Dark Knight
$1 Billion in Earnings and Counting
Director Chris Nolan builds on his rationalist approach to the Batman character that he first worked with in Batman Begins in 2005.
- General release July 18, 2008 (Both USA theaters and IMAX)
- Finally pulled from theatres on March 5, 2009 by Warner Bros: A 231 day run in national release.
- World Gross: $1,003,045,358 Billion USD Worldwide (checked 2012)
- IMAX Gross: $64.9 million ($49.9 million domestic): Was re-released to IMAX on January 23, 2009
- Released by Warner Bros (which owns DC Comics, which in turn owns
the intellectual property credited as originated by cartoonist Bob Kane)
- DVD release on December 9, 2008
- DVD sales estimated to June 2009: 12.8 million copies, $222 million USD in earnings. ($260,679,798 in DVD home video sales through 2012).
- Original Production Budget $185 million
- MPAA Rating PG-13
- Running Time: 152 minutes
From former screen legends who have faded into obscurity to new revelations about the biggest movie stars, Valderrama unearths the most fascinating little-known tales from the birth of Hollywood through its Golden Age.
Winner of the 2020 Peter C. Rollins Book Award
Longlisted for the 2020 Moving Image Book Award by the Kraszna-Krausz Foundation
Named a 2019 Richard Wall Memorial Award Finalist by the Theatre Library Association