Tabu - 1931
F. W. Murnau's 1931 film made in cooperation with Robert Flaherty (of Nanook of the North fame) and shot on location in Tahiti.
Murnau had bought a yacht while in Hollywood and made a trip to Bali, encouraged by his love for Gaugain paintings and his own reading about Pacific islander culture. The trip expanded into a general tour of the South Pacific and then developed into a film project which allowed Murnau to marry together his two chief interests at the time.
You will see Amazon links on this web site because I am an Amazon affiliate. I earn from qualifying purchases.
- The Cat and the Canary – 1939
- Manfish – 1956
- Cruella – 2021
- I Do (Prét-moi ta main) – 2006
- Touch of Evil 1958
- The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown – 1957
- Man-Made Monster - 1941
- The Indestructible Man - 1956
- Cyclotrode X – 1966
- Lady in a Jam 1942
- Showgirl in Hollywood 1930
- Anne of the Indies – 1951
- Don Juan Quilligan – 1945
- My Gal Sal - 1942
- Harvey – 1950
- L'emmerdeur (aka A Pain in the Ass) – 1973
- Robot Monster – 1953