Jeanette MacDonaldrn June 18, 1903 in Philadelphia, PA. Died on January 14, 1965, in Houston, TX.
She was known by the nickname "The Iron Butterfly" for her no-nonsense approach to filmmaking and contract negotiations with film companies.
MacDonald made four films with Maurice Chevalier, and three with Nelson Eddy, the latter team-ups probably her most famous film musicals.
She worked in film, toured as a singer, appeared in operas, and on radio and television. Her recording efforts yielded three gold records.
Her death in 1965 was exacerbated by heart trouble, abdominal adhesions and a brain tumor.
Original Page April, 2014
- Priceless - 2006
- John Wayne
- Hondo 1953
- Miss Pinkerton - 1932
- The Last Man on Earth - 1964
- The Hideous Sun Demon - 1958
- The Naked Prey - 1965
- My Man Godfrey - 1936
- Beauty and the Beast - 1946 (French)
- The Emperor's Candlesticks - 1937
- Mount Pony Culpeper Virginia Movie Theater
- Classic Film Wishes for 2019
- Lady for a Day - 1933
- Mildred Pierce - 1945
- Flare Up - 1969
- Young Frankenstein - 1974
- Little Miss Marker - 1934 - Shirley Temple