This giant atomic ant movie set the template for radioactive insects reaching enormous size during the sci-fi boom of the 1950s. The title is derived from a little girl who is found wandering in deep shock after her family has mysteriously vanished out in the desert of New Mexico. When she finally comes out of her catatonic state, she begins shouting "Them! Them!"
The military is mobilized and the story shifts across the southwest until there is a showdown with the spreading giant ant colony and the army in the sewer system of Los Angeles.
The basic plot was cannibalized by many other films, but maybe none so cleverly as James Cameron's Aliens from 1986.
Them! Released June 19, 1954
Starring James Whitmore, Edmund Gwenn, Joan Wldon, James Arness
Original Page September 2006 | Aug 1, 2012
- Priceless - 2006
- John Wayne
- Hondo 1953
- Miss Pinkerton - 1932
- The Last Man on Earth - 1964
- The Hideous Sun Demon - 1958
- The Naked Prey - 1965
- My Man Godfrey - 1936
- Beauty and the Beast - 1946 (French)
- The Emperor's Candlesticks - 1937
- Mount Pony Culpeper Virginia Movie Theater
- Classic Film Wishes for 2019
- Lady for a Day - 1933
- Mildred Pierce - 1945
- Flare Up - 1969
- Young Frankenstein - 1974
- Little Miss Marker - 1934 - Shirley Temple