Byrd Theater Richmond Virginia
The Byrd Theater began in 1928 and has (almost) continuously been open in Richmond Virginia as a movie house. One of the first shows screened was the 1928 reissue of Phantom of the Opera, which had a reshowing in October 2012, with Organ accompaniment (in fact, there is an organ fanfare played live before every Saturday night show, and on other special occasions). See the large Byrd Theater Chandelier.
See a photo of the Uptown Movie Theater in Washington DC Uptown Movie Theater Cleveland Park.
Theatres and Movie Resources
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial