Famed American actress born with the name Jo Raquel Tejada on September 5, 1940 in Chicago. "Welch" is the surname of her first husband with whom she had two children during a short marriage. As a young girl she studied ballet for nearly a decade, began winning beauty contests, performing in plays, worked as a "weather girl" on television, and made a living as a model. She persued acting roles in films and television (appearing in small parts in both arenas) and then had a leading role in Fantastic Voyage (1966). This began a long series of films (she has 68 film credits) in which she was often the center of all publicity and promotion of the project, though not always the star headliner.
Fathom - 1967
Fathom -Released Dec 13, 1967 by 20th Century Fox. Directed by Leslie Martinson.
More on Fathom 1967
Original Page Sept 9, 2015 | Updated August 2017
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial