Academy Awards 1930
BEST PICTURE - The Broadway Melody
The Broadway Melody - Released June 12, 1929. Directed by Harry Beaumont.
The Broadway Melody was also nominated for Best Director (Harry Beaumont) and Best Actress (Bessie Love)
Best Actor 1930: Warner Baxter
In Old Arizona - Released January 20, 1929. Directed by Irving Cummings and Raoul Walsh.
Best Actress 1930: Mary Pickford
Coquette - Released April 12, 1929. Directed by Sam Taylor.
The Academy Awards
Original Page June 1, 2017
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- Cat-Women of the Moon - 1953
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial