Who Done It?- 1942
Who Done It?- 1942
Who Done It? - Released November 6, 1942. Directed by Erie C.Kenton
A pair of soda jerks (Bud and Lou) get mixed up in a murder at a radio station, and quickly begin playing detective. Mary Wickes, Patric Knowles and Louise Allbritton are also featured in a quasi-murder-mystery involving foreign agents.
With the fame of "Who's on first?" still resonating strongly (the sketch had been used in previous Abbott and Costello films and radio programs), Who Done It? references that famous sketch several ways, with the two soda jerks making comments about the "other" Abbott and Costello's in the other films. This easy self-referencing and the quality of the joke material, plus the high energy of Costello's antics, puts Who Done It? into the top layer of A & C movies. William Bendix also gets roped (actually hand-cuffed) into several sketches.
Universal put some money into this film and it shows up in the special effects, with plenty of jokes centered around radio programming, electricity in general, and the situation of most of the movie taking place in the top floors of a skyscraper.
Starring Miss Barbara Stanwyck [Illustrated with 310 Photographs] - amazon.com
Original Page August 10, 2017
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial