Simone Simon - 1910 - 2005
Born April 23, 1905 in Bethune France. Died February 22, 2005 in Paris.
Probably most famous in America for Lewton's The Cat People from 1942.
Frames from The Devil and Daniel Webster, 1941, directed by William Dieterle. Featured Walter Huston, Simone Simon, and Jane Darwell. Criterion produced an excellent DVD of the movie several years ago [amazon.com], with Criterion's usual corpus of added features.
From La bete Humaine, 1939, directed by Jean Renoir.
From Cat People, 1942 film from Jacqus Tournier and Val Lewton.
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial