Born January 24, 1943 in Dallas, Texas.
Sharon Tate won many beauty pageants as a child (starting as 'Miss Tiny Tot,' age 6) and teenager. She spoke fluent Italian from her years in Italy as a "military brat' and appeared as an extra in Barrabas which was filmed there. Her career as a professional actress started with appearances on the TV show The Beverly Hillbillies in 1962. She also appeared on Mister Ed in 1963, The Man from U.N.C.L.E in 1965.
She was murdered by the "Manson Family" on August 9, 1969, in Beverly Hills, California. At the time of her death she had 12 film credits.
"[Sharon]... was too nice. She doesn't believe in her beauty. Once when I was very poor in Poland, I got some beautiful shoes, and I immedieatley became ashamed of them. Al my friends had plain, ordinary shoes, and I was embarrassed to walk in front of them. That's how Sharon feels about her beauty. She's embarrassed by it." - Roman Polanski speaking about Sharon Tate, from the Official Sharon Tate website.
Sharon tate was a star of The Fearless Vampire Killers, 1967 horror-comedy.
Sharon Tate, 1966
Original Page January 5, 2015
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
- Robert Osborne - 1932 - 2017 - The "Movie Man" who worked as a film historian and host for The Movie Channel and Turner Classic Movies.
- Classic Cinema releases to DVD, Blu Ray and Streaming - March 2017 List
- Torchy (Glenda Farrell) Gets Her Manand solves crimes faster than her boyfriend (a policeman) and the whole police force.
- Get Smart - 2008 - Maxwell Smart is back in action with Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) on a mission into Russia which turns into a hunt for a traitor within CONTROL's ranks - - and everyone is starting to think it might be Agent 86.
- Ernest Saves Christmas - 1988 - Florida seems like the wrong place to find a missing Santa Clause, but taxi driver Ernest locates him there all the same.
- Jeopardy 1953 - - A Mexican vacation goes off the rails when escaped American convict (Ralph Meeker) hijacks Barbara Stanwyck.
- Zorba The Greek 1964 - Alan Bates and Anthony Quinn are on Crete, with Irene Papas
- Frankenstein Island - 1981 - The plot moves slowly and often doesn't seem to make sense in this legendary bad film featuring a projected image of John Carradine that rattles off incoherant dialogue.
- The Lady Vanishes - 1938 - Hitchcock's famous film about a disappearing lady aboard a trans-continental train. Except for one stubborn young female passenger [who is consequently accused of mental instability] no one aboard can remember the vanished elderly Miss Froy.
- White Zombie - 1932 - Bela Lugosi likes making zombies, and this comes in handy when a local plantation owner on Haiti decides if he can't woo a certain girl to be his wife, he'll have Lugosi turn her into a mindless slave that he can command.