Irene Papas - Moon-Spinners 1964
Irene Papas as the tormented sister of Stratos (Eli Wallach) who has a scheme to sell off stolen jewelry to rare stone collector "Madam Habib" (Poli Negri) who travels the mediterranean on her giant yacht with a pet leopard. While plotting the sale, Wallach's character gets drawn deeper into (attempted) murder and a frightening (for him) hyper superstition about astrology. Film has a lot of great scenery from Crete and the abundant Greeks in the cast (particularly Papas).
The Moon-Spinners was a 1964 film produced by Walt Disney from the book by Mary Stewart (screenplay by Michael Dyne). The movie starred Hayley Mills and Joan Greenwood as her chaperoning Aunt while the two visit Crete.
More about The Moon-Spinners
Related: 1961 Antigone with Irene Papas
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- Cat-Women of the Moon - 1953
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial