Actress INGRID PITT (born Ingoushka Petrov) starred in many well known Hammer horror films, maybe the best known being Countess Dracula from 1971. She also starred in Where Eagles Dare and appeared in the David Lean directed Dr. Zhivago.
Her experiences as a child imprisoned by the Germans in a concentration camp during World War II was in production as a short film titled Beyond the Forest at the time of her death. It was completed and released in 2011with her voice-over narration.
Pitt also wrote a number of books. Her novel Cuckoo Run appeared in 1980. A partial list of her books are:
Cuckoo Run - 1980
The Perons - 1984
Eva's Spell - 1985
Katarina - 1986
The Autobiography of Ingrid Pitt : Life's A Scream - 1999
Ingrid Pitt Bedside Companion for Ghosthunters - 1999
Annul Domini - 2012
Dracula Who... - 2012
Ingrid Pitt November 21, 1937 – November 23, 2010.
[Below: Photo of Ingrid Pitt, photo promo for Where Eagles Dare.]
Where Eagles Dare - 1968
Sky News Obit on Ingrid Pitt Death
Read the Sky News obit online here.
Original page May 2011 | Jan 2013
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
- Robert Osborne - 1932 - 2017 - The "Movie Man" who worked as a film historian and host for The Movie Channel and Turner Classic Movies.
- Classic Cinema releases to DVD, Blu Ray and Streaming - March 2017 List
- Torchy (Glenda Farrell) Gets Her Manand solves crimes faster than her boyfriend (a policeman) and the whole police force.
- Get Smart - 2008 - Maxwell Smart is back in action with Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) on a mission into Russia which turns into a hunt for a traitor within CONTROL's ranks - - and everyone is starting to think it might be Agent 86.
- Ernest Saves Christmas - 1988 - Florida seems like the wrong place to find a missing Santa Clause, but taxi driver Ernest locates him there all the same.
- Jeopardy 1953 - - A Mexican vacation goes off the rails when escaped American convict (Ralph Meeker) hijacks Barbara Stanwyck.
- Zorba The Greek 1964 - Alan Bates and Anthony Quinn are on Crete, with Irene Papas
- Frankenstein Island - 1981 - The plot moves slowly and often doesn't seem to make sense in this legendary bad film featuring a projected image of John Carradine that rattles off incoherant dialogue.
- The Lady Vanishes - 1938 - Hitchcock's famous film about a disappearing lady aboard a trans-continental train. Except for one stubborn young female passenger [who is consequently accused of mental instability] no one aboard can remember the vanished elderly Miss Froy.
- White Zombie - 1932 - Bela Lugosi likes making zombies, and this comes in handy when a local plantation owner on Haiti decides if he can't woo a certain girl to be his wife, he'll have Lugosi turn her into a mindless slave that he can command.