Horse Feathers - 1932
Thelma Todd (as 'the college widow' Connie Bailey) assumes the duties usually relegated to Margaret Dumont. Todd is chased, sat on, tackled, and is generally included in a lot more physical comedy that Dumont was subjected to (usually, with Margaret Dumont, the physical mayhem is happening all around her as she stands in the center looking aghast). For Horse Feathers, Todd is having her second outing with the brothers, she also appeared in the 1931 Monkey Business.
Groucho (as Professor Wagstaff) gets put in charge of Huxley College, and is soon dealing with the romance between his son (played by youngest brother Zeppo Marx) and Connie (Todd). Soon enough, each brother is in pursuit of her, overlapping in their efforts and multiplying the absurdity.
The song "Everyone Says I Love You" is repeated four times so that each Marx has a chance to interpret it.
Original page December 2015
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
- Robert Osborne - 1932 - 2017 - The "Movie Man" who worked as a film historian and host for The Movie Channel and Turner Classic Movies.
- Classic Cinema releases to DVD, Blu Ray and Streaming - March 2017 List
- Torchy (Glenda Farrell) Gets Her Manand solves crimes faster than her boyfriend (a policeman) and the whole police force.
- Get Smart - 2008 - Maxwell Smart is back in action with Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) on a mission into Russia which turns into a hunt for a traitor within CONTROL's ranks - - and everyone is starting to think it might be Agent 86.
- Ernest Saves Christmas - 1988 - Florida seems like the wrong place to find a missing Santa Clause, but taxi driver Ernest locates him there all the same.
- Jeopardy 1953 - - A Mexican vacation goes off the rails when escaped American convict (Ralph Meeker) hijacks Barbara Stanwyck.
- Zorba The Greek 1964 - Alan Bates and Anthony Quinn are on Crete, with Irene Papas
- Frankenstein Island - 1981 - The plot moves slowly and often doesn't seem to make sense in this legendary bad film featuring a projected image of John Carradine that rattles off incoherant dialogue.
- The Lady Vanishes - 1938 - Hitchcock's famous film about a disappearing lady aboard a trans-continental train. Except for one stubborn young female passenger [who is consequently accused of mental instability] no one aboard can remember the vanished elderly Miss Froy.
- White Zombie - 1932 - Bela Lugosi likes making zombies, and this comes in handy when a local plantation owner on Haiti decides if he can't woo a certain girl to be his wife, he'll have Lugosi turn her into a mindless slave that he can command.