Heaven Knows, Mr Allison
Heaven Knows, Mr Allison - Released March 13, 1957. Directed by John Huston.
Mitchum is a hard-bitten U.S. marine stranded on the same Pacific island as nun Deborah Kerr during World War II. The two become fervent allies (co-habitating in a hidden cave) while surrounded by Japanese soldiers who have taken control of the island. Complications ensue when they discover over time a mutual affection but wildly opposing goals in life, as you might expect between a nun and a marine. Based on the Charles Shaw novel, with the script co-written by John Huston and John Lee Mahin.
More Deborah Kerr
Original Page September 2006 | Aug 1, 2012
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- Cat-Women of the Moon - 1953
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial