A Girl in Black, 1956
Ellie Lambetti (1922-1983) from the 1956 film A Girl in Black. Directed by Michael Cacoyannis, who is probably best known as the director of Zorba the Greek (1964). He is sometimes billed as Mihalis Kakogiannis.
Lambetti's career included roles in many stage performances, such as: The Glass Menagerie, A Streetcar Named Desire, Antigone; and for other films, such as: Zero for Conduct (1949) and A Matter of Dignity (1958, also with Cacoyannis directing).
Original Page June 2015
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial