The Paleface - 1948
Bob Hope and Jane Russell
The Paleface - released December 24, 1948
Jane Russell is the heroic Calamity Jane and Bob Hope is "Painless" Peter Potter, wild-west dentist. They team up in this western comedy chock-full of Hope's humor stylings. Russell provides the action (and wears the wardrobe - by Mary Kay Dodson - and Russell also sings the songs).
A bigger-budgetted sequel was made in 1952 with Russell and Bob Hope playing his own son in Son of Paleface.
Original Page Nov 21, 2015
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial