My Afternoons with Margueritte
My Afternoons with Margueritte  - Gerard Depardieu (as Germain Chazes) is paired with Gisèle Casadesus (as Margueritte) in a light comedy-drama about the the relationship between the 95 year old Marguerite (who is an avid reader) and Germain (who is virtually illiterate) a day-laborer with a difficult life and complicated relationships with his mother, girlfriend and his male companions who he meets regularly at a local bar.
A retired scientist, the frail Margueritte is highly cultured and likes to read out loud, and the illiterate Germain becomes her audience at a small park where they meet. His introduction to literature broadens his expectations about himself and his life and causes a revolution in his evaluation of his relationships.
Original Page Aug 2015
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial