Back from Eternity, 1956
Anita Ekberg & Robert Ryan
Back from Eternity, released Sept 7, 1956. Starring Anita Ekberg, Robert Ryan, Rod Steiger and Phyllis Kirk. Directed by John Farrow.
This remake of Five Came Back has the airplane passengers crashing into a South American jungle that appears empty of human habitation, that is, until the survivors discover a nearby cannibal tribe. The urgency to repair their airplane becomes rather heightened, as you might guess, at this bit of news, and the tension between the passengers begins to rise precipitously.
They're soon running out of time when they hear the tribesman beginning to play war drums, and as Rod Steiger (as the very learned prisoner Vasquel, who was in the process of being transported by police to his eventual execution for murder) warns, everything will be okay until the cannibals stop playing their drums.
Through ingenuity and desperation, the plane's crew and passengers put their plane back together, but then they realize that in order to take off, the weakened airplane will only be able to carry the weight of five passengers from among the surviving band of nine. So the question becomes, who will stay to face the cannibal tribe, and who will escape?
More Anita Ekberg
Original Page March 1, 2015
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
- Robert Osborne - 1932 - 2017 - The "Movie Man" who worked as a film historian and host for The Movie Channel and Turner Classic Movies.
- Classic Cinema releases to DVD, Blu Ray and Streaming - March 2017 List
- Torchy (Glenda Farrell) Gets Her Manand solves crimes faster than her boyfriend (a policeman) and the whole police force.
- Get Smart - 2008 - Maxwell Smart is back in action with Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway) on a mission into Russia which turns into a hunt for a traitor within CONTROL's ranks - - and everyone is starting to think it might be Agent 86.
- Ernest Saves Christmas - 1988 - Florida seems like the wrong place to find a missing Santa Clause, but taxi driver Ernest locates him there all the same.
- Jeopardy 1953 - - A Mexican vacation goes off the rails when escaped American convict (Ralph Meeker) hijacks Barbara Stanwyck.
- Zorba The Greek 1964 - Alan Bates and Anthony Quinn are on Crete, with Irene Papas
- Frankenstein Island - 1981 - The plot moves slowly and often doesn't seem to make sense in this legendary bad film featuring a projected image of John Carradine that rattles off incoherant dialogue.
- The Lady Vanishes - 1938 - Hitchcock's famous film about a disappearing lady aboard a trans-continental train. Except for one stubborn young female passenger [who is consequently accused of mental instability] no one aboard can remember the vanished elderly Miss Froy.
- White Zombie - 1932 - Bela Lugosi likes making zombies, and this comes in handy when a local plantation owner on Haiti decides if he can't woo a certain girl to be his wife, he'll have Lugosi turn her into a mindless slave that he can command.