Archive 365 - May 2017
Previous Posts that appeared on the front page of cinemagraphe.com
Anatahan - 1953
Anatahan - Released May 17, 1953 (there is also a 1958 recut version). Directed by Josef von Sternberg
Director Sternberg wrote of this film:
"There are two minor factors equally decisive in the destiny of a film, one being proper circulating outlets and the other the time in which the work appears. To be ahead of the times is not much better than to be behind, and often worse." - from Fun in a Chinese Laundry, 1965, republished 1988 by Mercury House
Cat-Women of the Moon - 1953
Cat-Women of the Moon - Released Sept 3, 1953. Directed by Arthur Hilton.
It's Astronauts vs. Cat-Women on the moon when an exploration team from earth gets caught up in a desperate plan to seize their rocketship and get the dwindling race of Cat-women to a more hospitable land for comfort (and expansion), i.e., earth.
Jill Melford - 1965
Secret Agent - "Whatever Happened to George Foster" - Broadcast June 26, 1965
Jill Melford appeared in this Season One episode of Secret Agent (starring Patrick McGoohan) as Certhia. Directed by Dan Chaffey.
Starring Miss Barbara Stanwyck [Illustrated with 310 Photographs] - amazon.com
Original Page May 15, 2017
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- Cat-Women of the Moon - 1953
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial