Archive 299 - June 2016
Previous Posts that appeared on the front page of cinemagraphe.com
A Girl in Black - 1956
A Girl in Black - Released 1956 (Cannes Film Festival) 1956. Directed by Mihalis Kakogiannis
Marina (played by Elle Lambetti) has a host of troubles on her island home of Hydra: her mother is disgraced from being caught with her illicit lover, her brother is immature and generally useless, and her sister has committed suicide. Practically unable to leave her home without being insulted and made of fun of by the young people she grew up with, she is in a prison that doesn't have bars. But a visiting couple from Athens awakens a hope for more.
Chester Morris - Pursuit - 1935
Pursuit - Released August 9, 1935. Directed by Edwin Marin.
More Pursuit 1935
The Raven - 1935
The Raven - Released July 8, 1935. Directed by Lew Landers (aka Louis Friedlander)
Dr. Richard Vollin is a medical genius obsessed with tragic American poet Edgar Allan Poe. Vollin has got it in his head that it's his job to exact revenge for Poe, and Poe's enemies (in Vollin's crazed mental state) just happen to be the people trying to keep Vollin from his new infatuation, Jean Thatcher (played by Irene Ware).
The Paleface, 1948
More Jane Russell
Also see Son of Paleface 1952
Original Page June 17, 2016
- The Stand In - 1937 - Leslie Howard, Bogart and Blondell
- The Black Book - 1949 - Robert Cummings and Arlene Dahl
- Who Done It? - 1942
- The Viking Queen - 1967
- Little Miss Marker - 1934
- Get Out - 2017
- Man's Favorite Sport
- Braveheart 1995
- Bringing Up Baby - 1938
- The Comedy of Terrors - 1963
- Day of Anger - 1967
- Central Park - 1932 - Joan Blondell has trouble on her hands when she gets suckered into helping a gangster to rob a charity event. Though this film stars Joan and Wallace Ford, it also features the American Great Depression which is the background for the hunger and desperation that flavors the film.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial